Putracized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Putracized

Ghetto role playing & senior citizen harassment

You are not connected. Please login or register

Level 8 Points of Light campaign

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 am

kennif

kennif

Hi Shao please look through and tell me if i need to change anything. Thanks.

"Lucia 'Lucy' Kilana":

And as usual to factor in the stats in the char sheet i had to put in the expertise feat in. The original feat is Drow Fighting Style (if its okay)

2Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:42 am

shao

shao

Sure, looks good. What is Drow Fighting? By the way, you may want to take Master at Arms instead of Versatile Expertise for your free feat; it's one of the Expertise feats that doesn't have the word Expertise in its name haha. Gives you +1 per tier to all weapon attacks, and lets you quick draw/ quick stow. If you want to focus more on your dagger, Light Blade Expertise is also quite good.

3Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am

kennif

kennif

Drow Fighting Style - You fight like a drow...no really....okay fine..When you have a crossbow in your primary hand and a light blade in offhand you do not provoke OA when firing the crossbow in melee.

I did considered master in arms...but it only applies to light blades/heavy blades i think but if it have quick draw it would be nice..

4Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am

shao

shao

Ah i see! Master at Arms only gives to melee weapons ah?

5Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 am

kennif

kennif

Oh hmm it say "You get +1 feat bonus(+1 per tier) to attacks rolls for weapon attacks. Also you can use a minor action to sheath and then draw a weapon.

Though i'm so tempted to take crossbow expertise then light blade expertise...

Coz Light blade gives +1 (tiered) bonus damaged to creatures that grant expertise

and Crossbow expertise allows me to ignore partial and superior cover...

in that case i'll drop ruthless hunter and versatile expertise for them..since upgrading the crossbow to d8 isn't that a bigger impact..as ignoring partial and superior cover is way way better imo

6Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 am

kennif

kennif

kennif wrote:Oh hmm it say "You get +1 feat bonus(+1 per tier) to attacks rolls for weapon attacks. Also you can use a minor action to sheath and then draw a weapon.

Though i'm so tempted to take crossbow expertise then light blade expertise...

Coz Light blade gives +1 (tiered) bonus damaged to creatures that grant expertise

and Crossbow expertise allows me to ignore partial and superior cover...

in that case i'll drop ruthless hunter and versatile expertise for them..since upgrading the crossbow to d8 isn't that a bigger impact..as ignoring partial and superior cover is way way better imo

Or i can just take Light blade expertise and Superior Weapon Proficency Xen'drik boomerang since its considered a light blade....then i don't need to worry about throwing my dagger and upgrade it to short shord..but...then again hahah the dynamic weapon property allows me to turn my dagger to a short sword anyway whee lol!

7Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 am

shao

shao

Master at Arms applies to all kinds of weapon attacks, either melee or ranged, in that case.

I think taking both Crossbow Expertise and Light Blade Expertise can be worth it. Xen'drik Boomerang is also pretty awesome, and you save a lot of money over the long run by only requiring one magic weapon instead of two.

If you take Disciple of Freedom, do you have some kind of special connection to either Avandra (Goddess of Luck) or Sehanine (Goddess of Love)?

We can make your dad a cleric of either deity, it could make sense both ways.

8Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 am

kennif

kennif

I did mention that its possible my char would worship Sehanine. Yeah i'm switching to the boomerang. Its much more awesome to have a weapon that ppl usually don't see. Hmm apparently you can't MBA with the boomerang..oh well...time to stay out of reach then. Well with the determine weapon and using dex my current range is 11/17 Very Happy Hmm Disciple of Freedom, Low Crawl or Slow fall. Arggghhhhh

9Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty Re: Level 8 Points of Light campaign Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 pm

kennif

kennif

Updated.

"Lucy":

Swift Footwork - whenever you use a martial encounter/daily power that allow you to shift. You can shift 2 extra squares.

I put low crawl there but still deciding between Disciple of Freedom, Low Crawl or Slow fall

10Level  8 Points of Light campaign Empty some feedback Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:35 pm

shao

shao

I just remembered why I'm not such a great fan of the Boomerang. Its main benefit is that it returns to your hand after you throw it, but that is something that you can do with just about any magical throwing weapon. If the boomerang can't be used in melee, then just throwing a dagger is a better choice (since it can be used in both conditions), and you save the feat, which allows you to take the all-important WEAPON FOCUS.

I'll recommend the following feat selection:

Bonus 1: Light Blade Expertise
Level 1: Weapon Focus (Light Blades)
Level 2: Superior Will
Level 4: Nimble Blade or Disciple of Freedom
Level 6: Toughness or Superior Fortitude
Level 8: Backstabber

Low Crawl is cool if you would like to snipe and shift while you are prone, but that's a situational strategy at best. You already have Acrobat's Boots to negate most of the bad parts of the prone condition, so investing in Low Crawl just allows you to use any reactive or interrupt shifty powers when you get knocked prone.

Disciple of Freedom, on the other hand, is just generally more versatile and also more powerful in what it does (+5 to checks to escape grabs, and free saving throws against annoying conditions). It synergizes well with Martial Freedom and your Elven Battle Armor, so you can autopass saves against Slow and Immob effects on the beginning of your turn, which is always worth a laugh.

On other matters, Nimble Blade gives bonuses to hit, Weapon Focus gives bonuses to damage, which are important priorities for strikers; Toughness and Superior Fortitude helps you to stay alive with the heat you will draw in combat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum