Putracized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Putracized

Ghetto role playing & senior citizen harassment

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZOMBIES!!!

+6
kennif
shao
jo
Belisarius Punchee
darthcow
Zakmonster
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1ZOMBIES!!! Empty ZOMBIES!!! Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 am

Zakmonster

Hey guys,

As promised, I will be taking over the reins for the month of August, to give Raihan (and everyone else) a break from the main campaign. That said, I will be running a short campaign based on the ever-popular Zombie Survival genre.

You are in the town of Magningfurd, located in the remote, frigid forests of northern Jord. You, and about another hundred survivors, are the sole remains of what was once a thriving continent. In this Haven, old enmities are put aside, racial hatreds discarded and traditions are compromised, when faced against the threat of the undead. Magningfurd is cut off from the rest of the Empire and there is no easy way to civilization. Food stores are running low, the winter grows ever harsher and what little game there was is quickly being stolen away by the ever-hungry walking dead. In past weeks, the shambling hordes have been appearing in greater numbers and their attacks on the well-fortified walls of Magningfurd have increased in frequency and ferocity. You do not know why, but you do know that the town will not hold out for very long if this continues.

Something needs to be done.

Create characters of level 12. All classes and races are allowed (unless its from Dark Sun). Feats and powers from Dragon Magazine must be put on this thread for approval (either hotlink or copypasta'd text is fine with me). No Essentials stuff is allowed.

Players get Versatile Expertise for free, and a choice of 3 skill-based backgrounds.

Use this thread to discuss what you want to play and also to tell me what you intend on playing. No need for epic poems of valor, just a line or two of the gist of your character is fine.

EDIT: If you do not post in this thread, I will assume you do not want to play and will have no space for you at the table.

2ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:51 pm

darthcow

Finalized, pending approval for Dragon Mag stuff

Trey Azgathoth
Hybrid Fighter|Battlemind

Spoiler:

Dragon Mag stuff for approval:
Mighty Surge : Fighter Utility 10 : Dragon Mag 379
Daily * Healing, Martial
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You can spend a healing surge, you also gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses and a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. Until the end of the encounter, each time you spend a healing surge, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses and a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Savage Axe : Heroic Tier Feat : Dragon Mag 378
When you hit with an opportunity attack with an axe, you deal extra damage equal to you Constitution modifier.

Shielded Resurgence : Heroic Tier Feat : Dragon Mag 378
When you use your second wind while you are using a shield, you regain extra hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier, and the bonus to defenses last unti lthe end of your next turn.

Bloodhound Style : Heroic Tier Feat : Dragon Mag 373
Tide of Iron (Fighter): If you hit with this exploit, you can slow the target until the end of your next turn instead of pushing it.

Last edited by darthcow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:09 am; edited 4 times in total

3ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 am

Belisarius Punchee

Admin

Hi,

I'll be playing a Dragonborn Sorceror.

4ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 am

jo

jo
Admin

i'm sitting out, will be in sg only 2 weeks out of 4 during august. </3

have fun everyone!

5ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

shao

shao

jo wrote:i'm sitting out, will be in sg only 2 weeks out of 4 during august. </3

have fun everyone!

Darn! That sucks. Will do!

6ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 pm

darthcow

Well shao, this guy sold his soul too :p

Gotta up the Yentao-ness

7ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:28 pm

shao

shao

darthcow wrote:Well shao, this guy sold his soul too :p

Gotta up the Yentao-ness

Oh, like an Ardent|Battlemind is not cool enough ah... Ok la. Eldritch Strike = CAN CHARGE. YOU'RE RUNNING TOGETHER WITH ME, SOLDIER!

8ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

kennif

kennif

Sup guys...well i'm itching to play some DnD so guess i'll join for this short session. I'll try to think up a built and post it up asap.

9ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 pm

jo

jo
Admin

who is dis kennif?

10ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 am

Zakmonster

He is obviously Kennif.

Also Shao, feat is approved.

11ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am

shao

shao

Zakmonster wrote:He is obviously Kennif.

Also Shao, feat is approved.

Sweet! Very Happy and... Hi Ken!

12ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:17 pm

kennif

kennif

Hi Shao! How've you been? Anyway zak, i'm still dry on ideas for built so i probably be able to throw out one about tomorrow.

13ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Jansen

Hi, I wanna play. Haven't really decided on class yet but in all zombie convention, this character will wake up in a lab/hospital/jail naked, with no memory of himself and finds that he is surrounded by the dead.

Kesh

Spoiler:

Character build update

Last edited by Kesh on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character build update)

15ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm

anand

anand
Admin

Furnelius Hostworth Grompor Zim, or Fuzzy for short.
Level 12 Bugbear Stormwarden

Spoiler:

16ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 am

darthcow

seriously flawed anand.

1. weave through the fray when wis is +0?
2. double scimitar feat and u bought 2 (single) scimitars?
3. don't forget free versatile expertise feat
4. why running attack when u can go prime shot with prime punisher and called shot feats?
5. don't forget you're a bugbear, go large weapons!!

try this, i modified it a little, the original was too traumatising for chien Twisted Evil

Spoiler:

17ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 am

Zakmonster

Not to put a damper on your fun, since this will probably be one of your last sessions with us...

No bugbears.

18ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:14 am

darthcow

alrighty so what we got here:

me: controller/tank
chien: controller/dps
shao: melee dps/range dps,controller/tank/leader aka bao ka liao
anand: melee dps
jansen: not decided but gonna wake up naked on hospital bed
raihan: range dps that can tank
edmund: controller

19ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:20 am

Zakmonster

darthcow wrote:alrighty so what we got here:

Gonna be serious here. Edmund is not playing until he posts on this thread. Shao has confirmed the striker (I hope). Also, Ken is playing a defender, most likely.

20ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:59 pm

shao

shao

darthcow wrote:alrighty so what we got here:

It is likely I cannot make it this saturday cos I used up my gaming time last weekend... See you guys next week?

I want to BAO KA LIAO DO EVERYTHING!!!

21ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Belisarius Punchee

Admin

Diomedes

When the dead scour the land in hungry packs... when the innocent are herded as cattle to slake the thirst of the undead lords and when a child's desperate prayer goes unanswered by Sigmar, the God of Men, there is on ocassion a silver lining in the sky. Its name is Diomedes.

One of the last of his kind and trained by the knight Akatosh in the ancient lore of a forgotten empire, the silver dragonborn Diomedes wields the power of frost and fire coursing through his veins to put the walking dead to rest and to preserve the sanctity of life and love.

To those not too weary to listen, he shares freely his ideals of liberty and the Athenian ideals of power by the people for the people. He illuminates the unlettered to the joys of reading, the meek to the gift of expression and lifts their hopes through the celebration of sport and dance.

To an Empire already on its knees, Diomedes, the scholar warrior is an enigma, a threat and a friend.

To Diomedes, he does not contemplate the calamities of the future but the heroic necessities of the present.

Spoiler:

Notes: My character is not that much of a tank though he bombards like one. My defences do not yet factor in the Cloak of Distortion and he gains temp hp when he hits stuff with his default power- Burning Spray. I excel at killing Brutes but I have many spells that let me deal monsters who want to stay at range too.

Last edited by Belisarius Punchee on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed feat - Draconic Spellfury to Paragon Defences)

22ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Eddy

Me! Human invoker divine hand!

23ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 am

Zakmonster

darthcow:

Feats are a go. Also, why did you get Spear Expertise when you're using a Khopesh?

Now I wanna see how hard it will be to kill you.

24ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:22 am

darthcow

Khopesh is axe/heavy blade taking both won't stack anyway. Thought I'd take spear to increase repertoire.

I'm pretty easy to kill actually. :p

25ZOMBIES!!! Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:26 am

shao

shao

Hello guys,

While we're talking bout people being hard to kill, which do you think is better for my Level 10 utility? I can choose from the Barbarian, Sorcerer, and Skill Power lists.

I would like a bit more durability, so there's Deny Death (Barb L10 Daily, ignore dying for a while, immediate interrupt), Fog Form (Sorc L10 Encounter, take half damage for a couple of turns, immediate interrupt), or Reactive Surge (Endurance Skill Power L10 Encounter, spend healing surge when bloodied, immediate reaction.)

I'm partial to Fog Form cos also I'm a Cosmic Sorc, so when I get bloodied, I phase-shift (whether I want to or not). I was thinking Fog Form would help cut down damage and thus help me maintain the phase I want for a while longer, and it's also useful for off-tanking for a couple of turns.. and it doesn't eat up a surge. Still, it's hard to turn down the sheer utility of Reactive Surge's auto-heal when you need it most.

What do you think? Any opinions on whether Fog Form or Reactive Surge would be better for my build? (Deny Death being a Daily = me less willing to invest.)

Comments and insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum